Summer is here! It’s that magical time of year when rules seem to fly right out the window and families try to fit in as much summer fun as possible. I’ve been loving handprint crafts lately, and I thought this fish shirt would be perfect for starting the summer off. Wear it to the beach, the zoo, the aquarium or while running through the sprinkler! It is sure to become a favorite. Let’s get started!
What you need:
- Simple white or blue cotton shirt (you can often find them at A.C. Moore for $2.50)
- Newspaper to put in between shirt and for work space
- Fabric paint (we used orange)
- Puffy paint (for stripes)
- Black Sharpie (for mouth)
- Googly eyes
- Hot glue gun
- You might want to read these fabric painting tips before you get started.
About the Author
Lindsey Whitney is a mom of two, home day care provider, and blogger over at Growing Kids Ministry. Growing Kids Ministry is a blog designed to help parents, teachers, and Children’s Ministry workers who want to help the kids they love grow in their faith. You can connect with her via twitter or on facebook!