Whether you’re planning a huge Halloween blowout bash or just a simple celebration, having a fun drink always adds to the experience. This “Spooky” Halloween Mocktail recipe is very easy to throw together and you probably have all the ingredients on hand!
With the orange juice, it’s perfect for Halloween morning, and the tonic water gives it a festive sparkle. Plus, because the recipe is so simple, it is perfect for the whole family.
Younger children will enjoy it just as much as teens and adults. And don’t keep this recipe just for Halloween; the black non-pareils give it a Halloween-y look, but this is also wonderful for any special morning! Even though I used food coloring in my recipe, it is completely optional. I think it makes the orange more vibrant and fits well with the festivities of the season. If you prefer not to use food coloring, you don’t have to.
- 2 cups orange juice
- 1 cup tonic water
- juice of 1 lemon
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 tbsp black non-pareils, crushed
- Optional: 2 drops red and 5 drops yellow food coloring
- In a medium saucepan, bring the orange juice, lemon juice, and honey to a boil.
- Reduce the mixture to a simmer. If you choose to add food coloring, add it while the mixture is simmering.
- Simmer for 2-3 minutes, then turn off the heat.
- While the mixture is simmering, crush the non-pareils and spread them out on a small plate. You can easily crush them by placing them in a plastic bag and smashing them with a meat tenderizer, or even just a can of soup!
- Dip the rims of each glass into the crushed non-pareils to give it the spooky cobweb look
- Add 4 ounces of the juice mixture to each glass and top off with tonic water to serve.