Alfredo sauce doesn’t need to come from a jar or can. Just a little butter, cream, parmesan and mozzarella and you’re well on your way.
This is a scrumptious recipe and with the addition of sautéed mushrooms, diced tomato and bacon, you’ll be in heaven.
The Alfredo sauce is adapted from Food.com, but the toppings are what truly make this dish mouthwatering.
- • 3 tablespoons butter
- • 2 tablespoons olive oil
- • 3 minced garlic cloves
- • 2 cups half and half cream
- • Pepper
- • ½ cups grated parmesan cheese
- • ¾ cups shredded mozzarella
- • 8 slices fried bacon, cut in small pieces
- • 1 diced onion
- • 10 mushrooms sliced
- • 1 teaspoon olive oil
- • 2 diced tomatoes
- Choose your favorite pasta and cook according to package directions. I’ve used a whole wheat spaghetti noodle here.
- • Fresh parmesan
- • Garlic bread
- • Salad
- Take some to prep all the ingredients ahead of time. There are quite a few components to the recipe, so it’s best to be well-prepared. Measure out your sauce ingredients, cut your veggies and fry and cut the bacon.
- Next, start boiling your pasta. If it’s ready before your sauce is ready, just drain it, rinse it and let it sit in fresh water, so it doesn’t get sticky.
- In a medium skillet at medium heat, add a little olive oil and sautee the mushrooms and onions. When cooked to your desired doneness, remove them from heat.
- In a medium saucepan over medium high-heat, add the butter and olive oil. When the butter is melted and the garlic and cook for a minute or two. Add the cream and pepper and bring to a boil. Simmer, stirring frequently for about 3 minutes. Next, add the parmesan, continue to simmer and stir frequently for another 8 minutes until the sauce is thickened. Finally, stir in the mozzarella and stir until the sauce is smooth and remove it from the stove.
- To put your pasta together, place your drained noodles back in the pot you cooked them in, but you don’t need to place it back on the stuff. Add the Alfredo Sauce, mushrooms and onions. Toss until well coated and mixed.
- Place on serving dishes and top with the bacon pieces and fresh diced tomato. Top with parmesan and serve with garlic bread and salad if you wish.
YUM! Leave out teh Bacon for a yummy vegetarian pasta.