I asked a couple weeks back about easy recipes for a whole fryer… I got some interesting ideas and one person mention a crock pot. So, I looked around to find out how long a whole fryer would need to be in the crock pot and then came up with my own recipe.
Next time you are in the store, be sure to look for these little chickens! Mine was $0.79 per pound – that means it only cost me $3.33. It easily fed my family of five, I have more leftover for supper tonight, and I am making broth as I write this. Totally worth 3 bucks, in my opinion!
This recipe calls for muffins of frozen seasoning blend – go there for the recipe!
- ¼ C Worchestershire
- 2 muffin tins of Seasoning Blend
- 1 Whole Chicken Fryer, defrosted
- 1 teaspoon of Salt
- 1 teaspoon of Black Pepper
- 1 teaspoon of Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon of Onion Powder
- 1 teaspoon of Italian Seasoning
- Completely clean out cavity of chicken
- Place muffins in bottom of crock pot and place the chicken on top of them.
- Pour Worcestershire over chicken then begin sprinkling spices
- Cook on low heat for approximately 7 hours