I have at least 3 different chili recipes that I use and they are all just slightly different. This super simple Saucy Beef Chili Recipe is easy enough for the kids to make and fast enough for making after a baseball game! I adapted this chili recipe from a Pampered Chef recipe that I acquired at a party years ago!
Down here in Southern Alabama, it doesn’t get super cold for very long. So, we have learned to eat chili at all times of the year or we may only get it once every 12 months. LOL!
In addition to the following products, this recipe calls for:
The following ingredients are affiliate links on Amazon because they may be a bit hard to find in your normal store. I wanted you to be able to see exactly which things we are using.
Reminder, not all ingredients are linked above, just the ones that may be a bit difficult to find or that you might be unsure of what to look for.
While not necessary, you guys often ask. So, the following are what I use (or very similar) for making this chili.
- 1 package of make ahead hamburger meat
- 1 muffin of seasoning mix
- 1 can (16 oz) chili beans in sauce, undrained
- 1 can (14.5 oz) petite diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1½ cups water
- 1 can (6 oz) tomato paste
- 1 pkt (1.48 oz) chili seasoning mix
- Combine ingredients in (10-in.) Skillet and bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- Spoon chili into bowls and top with desired toppings, such as shredded cheddar cheese, sliced green onions or sour cream, if desired.
- OR, if you like to make meals ahead:
- Combine (without toppings) in large resealable plastic bag. Freeze for up to three months.
More Chili Recipes:
We like to serve our Chili over rice, with shredded cheddar and sour cream garnishments. We sometimes even throw some green onions on top if we have them.