Having four little girls, I was so excited that I had the opportunity (with my little girls) to review two Nick Jr. DVDs: Easter with Max and Ruby and Egg Hunt (with Dora the Explorer) and a Dora the Explorer Waterpaint book called Egg Surprise (that goes right along with Egg Hunt). These are fantastic shows with well-known characters that really help get your kids (and you) ready for Easter and Spring!
About the DVDs
I’ll start with Easter with Max and Ruby. It has 12 episodes that come three in a set. The descriptions are all from the back of the DVD. The first set is the Easter set which includes:
- Ruby’s Easter Bonnet (Ruby makes her spring Easter Bonnet while Max teaches a froggy friend to “spring”)
- Max’s Easter Parade (Ruby wants Max’s help making an Easter basket, but Max would rather make an Easter parade!)
- Max and the Easter Bunny(Ruby’s Egg Hunt gets egg-citing when max plays the Easter Bunny!)
The next set is:
- Ruby’s Loose Tooth(Ruby needs help finding her lost tooth, but Max only wants to find a yummy snack)
- Ruby Scores! (Ruby is playing soccer, but Max’s robots may keep her from her goal)
- Ruby’s Sand Castle(Max wants to splash in the ocean, but Ruby wants his help building a sand castle)
The third set is:
- Max’s Work of Art (Ruby and Louise want Max to be their model, but he makes an even better masterpiece)
- Max Meets Morris (Ruby has trouble getting Max and Morris to play nicely together)
- Ruby’s Scavenger Hunt (Ruby must find things on her scavenger hunt, including enough toys to keep Max busy)
The fourth set is:
- Max’s Check Up (Dr. Louise and Nurse Ruby need a patient, but Max is impatient with playing check-up)
- Max’s Prize (Max finds sur-prizeing ways to get to his prize at the bottom of a cereal box)
- Space Max (Max’s space toys help to make an out-of-this-world float for Ruby)
Next is Egg Hunt with Dora the Explorer which has Egg Hunt, El Dia de las Madres, Dora, la Musico; and Pablo’s Flute. In Egg Hunt: It’s an egg-cellent day for an Egg Hunt Adventure with Dora and Boots. They need your help to find the Big Yellow Egg witha big prize inside. In El Dia de las Madres: Dora and her friends are having a Mother’s Day Party! But before the party, Dora needs to gather bananas, nuts, and chocolate for the cake. Help Dora find the cake ingredients, help Boots, Benny, Tico, and Isa prepare their Mother’s Day gifts. In Dora, La Musico: The Townspeople are having a musical parade, but when Senor Shush locks their instruments in a Music Box, Dora and Boots take their own parade to town. In Pablo’s Flute: Once upon a time, a boy named Pablo had a magical flute…until he lost it in a storm! Dora and Boots want to bring it back to Pablo’s Mountain…
Egg Surprise is the watercolor painting book that goes along with Egg Hunt. It includes a standard watercolor set and 16 pages to paint!
My kids all loved them (including my 7-year-old)! In the Max and Ruby DVD, I loved how we follow Ruby as she looks for her lost tooth. This is something that is very big for little kiddos, and I loved it! My kids all laughed out loud at Max Meets Morris where Ruby is trying to help the cousins get along. They had no problem sitting down and watching them straight through! It is always good for kids to see how these siblings react to each other. I think they teach great things for socialization and friendship! On the Dora DVD, I love how educational it is, teaching some Spanish, music, musical instruments, colors, cooperation, appreciation for Mothers and more! My kids love the tunes in La Musico! I’m looking forward to playing the three games on the DVD! The Egg Surprise watercolor paint book goes along with Egg Hunt and my girls loved it! They love to paint and I love the lack of mess! Awesome illustrations and it has questions to add educational value! We love it!
You can buy Egg Hunt here for $8.49, Easter with Max and Ruby here for $8.99, and Egg Surprise here for $3.99.
*Disclaimer: I was sent products by this company and was not paid for this review!*