It is barely even Summer and my boys are already asking if we can stop at the local snow cone place or flag down the ice cream man so they can spend my hard earned money on over-priced, frozen sugar. I decided to bring the snow cone place and ice cream man on into my house and have the boys help me whip up some snow cones.
It is really quite simple, especially if you do the hard part first!
- ¾ Cup white sugar
- ¾ Cup Water
- 1 packet of Kool Aid
- Simple Syrup
- 4-5 Cups of Ice
- Combine sugar and water in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and summer for 3 minutes
- Remove from heat and stir in Kool Aid packet flavor of your choice.
- Place in resealable 12 oz squirt bottle.
- **Can be refrigerated for up to 1 month!
- Place 4-5 cups of ice cubes into blender using long pulses until fine snow is formed.
- Scoop into your desired dish and pour on Simple Syrup!
More Summer Treats:
Easy Strawberry Refrigerator Cake from Crystal and Comp!
DIY Snow Cone Resources: