As we ahead into the holidays, we find that more and more events we attend (or host) have plenty of pretty drinks for the alcohol-drinking crowd. But, not so much for the non-alcohol drinking crowd.
With just a few ingredients, you can bring this Papaya and Blood Orange Mocktail Recipe to share with the kids, teens, and pregnant Moms!
Mocktails for kids don’t have to be boring! They can be just as fancy and delicious as a signature drink!
Mixing some sherbet, Sprite, and Kool-Aid together doesn’t make a mocktail recipe! It just makes a fruity-float of sorts. The following recipe is an actual non-alcoholic cocktail and it is delicious!
The following ingredients are affiliate links on Amazon because they may be a bit hard to find in your normal store. I wanted you to be able to see exact;y which things we are using.
I haven’t linked all the ingredients above, just the more difficult to find ones.
- ½ ounce Agave Nectar
- 2 dashes Angostura Orange Bitters
- 2 ounces Blood Orange San Pellegrino Soda
- 3 ounces Papaya Nectar
- sliced strawberry
- 1 whole cranberry
- fresh rosemary
- In a cocktail shaker add ice, agave nectar, orange bitters blood orange soda, and papaya nectar.
- Using a long-handled stirring spoon, stir vigorously for 30 seconds.
- Strain into a serving glass filled with fresh ice.
- Garnish with a sliced strawberry, a single whole cranberry and a sprig of fresh rosemary.
A great (and pretty) mocktail takes a stash of a few fun tools like the ones listed above. So, if you are planning to make cocktails and mocktail when entertaining, it would make sense to create your own little bar box! This way, you are prepared when the unexpected guest drops in.