I love simple breakfast ideas that take only a few minutes to whip together while adding a bit of indulgence and luxury to your mornings.
That’s exactly what these Nutella Croissants do, in less than 15 minutes from start to finish (and that includes 8-10 minutes in the oven). Here’s our newest addition to our breakfast recipes for Christmas morning.
Of course, you can make your croissants from scratch – a feat I have only attempted once – but I prefer to go the easy route in the mornings, opting for Pillsbury crescent roll or pre-made puff pastry sheets.
These are inspired by the classic French pain au chocolat, but taken a step above with that Nutella substitution. (And really, the French love Nutella – it’s at all of their crepe stands, so I think this just combines two classic French traditions!)
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 4-6 Tablespoons Nutella
- Powdered sugar for dusting, optional
- Preheat your oven to the pastry package directions. (Typically 350F)
- Roll out the puff pastry sheets and cut into triangles using a pastry or pizza cutter if not already portioned out to crescents. (First cut into 4 squares, then slice each square horizontally.)
- Spread ½ Tablespoon of Nutella around the middle of each triangle, trying to avoid going straight to the edges, as the chocolate can burn.
- Roll each triangle into a "crescent" shape by rolling one of the shorter sides of the triangle towards a pointy end. Curve the edges if possible into a "C" shape.
- Bake according to the pastry package directions, typically 8-10 minutes.
- Remove and immediately drizzle with extra Nutella and sprinkle with powdered sugar, using a sifter.
Be sure to check out some of my other favourite breakfast recipes, including: