2013 is half-way over! That means it is time to sit down with the goals that you made at the beginning of the year and do an evaluation! How are you doing? has your focus changed? Are you working towards your goals? Have you met any of them? Do you need to amp up the work on the other goals.
So, take a look, reevaluate, and plan the next three months to help you reach the goals! My guess is that at least a couple have been met, so you should add in some daily or weekly tasks to help you reach the others.
So, here were mine and how things are going now!:
1. Increase traffic on all 3 sites by 60%! This isn’t really measurable until the full year is up – but most months, my traffic for 2013 has been higher than it was for 2013. Since I am working on a complete redo and Deals & SMC will be gone before the end of this year, I am only going to evaluate 3 Boys and a Dog.
|Month||2012 Traffic||2013 Traffic|
2. Increase Twitter
followers on all 3 by 50%
- Main started 17,455 so goal is 26,183 – As of 8/2, I am at 20,935. If you do the math, I have to get a little over 1000 new followers in the next 5 months to reach this goal! I am working really hard to make this happen.
- Deals started 6,212 so goal is 9,318 – As of 8/2, I have 7,109 – I have to reach a little over 400 new followers each month this year to reach this goal. However, since this site will be going away before the end of the year I am not working it as hard.
- SMC started 2,095 so goal is 3,142 – As of 8/2, I have 3,277 – So, I have actually reached this goal!!
3. Increase Facebook fans on both (3bd and smc) by 50%
- Main started 5,584 so goal is 8,376 – Currently at 8,162 – OMG! I am only 214 away from my goal for the year! That means I only need to reach a little over 42 new fans a month for the rest of the year!! Woot, Woot!
- SMC started 1,190 so goal is 3,142 – Currently at 1,439 – I still have a very long way until I reach my goal, but it is going away soon. So, it doesn’t much matter. LOL!
4. Make $6000 for the year on Google Adsense – This goal has been met!!! Woo!
5. Add 12 new videos to YouTube account (I currently have 44, so I will need 56 by the end of 2013) – Thanks to my weekly G+ Hangouts, I have already surpassed this goal! So nice to mark one as complete in the first quarter!
6. Be a speaker at a Blog Conference I have applied like crazy but not heard a word from anyone.
7. Increase Pinterest Followers to 10,000 only have 4,800 so I am not sure that is doable, but I am going to try! – I am now almost at 13K! Yay! Another goal reached and I can mark it done!
8. Finish the A to Z Veggies book! Geez, this HAS to get finished. LOL! – Uggh, seriously thinking of hiring someone to do it for me. ROTFL! Ok, adding this (and the SEO book I am working on) to my DAILY to dos. Obviously, I am no longer digging this book! I am going to keep plugging away, but this goal will NOT be going on my list for next year even if I don’t finish it this year. LOL!
9. Hire another paid employee (home craft/DIY writer for main site) DONE! I now have 3 paid employees and several product review contributors!!
10. Have 10, $1.00 printable packs available for sale on Deals Site (working on this!) Pshaw… this is on the back burner until I finish the other books I am working on.
11. Increase Aweber newsletter subscribers to 5000! I still have a long way to go on this. I am hoping that when I finish my site redo and merge that this will go up some.
12. Be host/party planner for 6 twitter parties – I actually hosted more than this in 2012, but wasn’t the planner for all of them. I want to be the planner for at least 6. This goal didn’t go well through the Summer Months. I have put it back on my to do list for Fall.
13. Become a Walmart Mom! Yeah, I wanted to put this lofty goal on my list because you always need something crazy to work towards. Now, I wish I hadn’t put it here because I have no clue what to do to work towards it. LOL!
How are your goals coming? Are you on track? Do you need to step up your game for some of them?