This Cinco de Mayo recipe is another, Mexican inspired, family favorite! But, better than that, Mexican Casserole is a super quick, kid-friendly recipe for busy moms! Add in some sausage or ground beef and it has all the ingredients necessary for a full course meal that is done is less than 30 minutes! How’s that for easy?
I have lots of fun Cinco de Mayo happenings on my three sites including:
- The free printable Cinco de Mayo educational kids activities above. Simply click that picture to download the full pdf.
- Free printable Cinco de Mayo family games and activities to liven up your Fiesta
- A yummy Cinco de Mayo recipe from Food Network celebrity chef Ingrid Hoffman!
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- ¾ onion, diced
- 5 (10 inch) flour tortillas
- 1 cup salsa
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar or Colby Jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F Spray a 9-inch pie pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a saucepan, cook refried beans and onions on medium-high heat for about 5 minutes.
- Place one tortilla in the bottom of the greased pan. Spread about ⅓ cup of the bean mixture over it. Layer a few tablespoons of salsa over this. Then, place another tortilla over the salsa, and add more of the bean mixture. Follow the beans with a big handful of cheese, spreading evenly. repeat layers, spreading the ingredients evenly over the tortillas.
- Bake until the cheese is melted, approximately 15 to 20 minutes.