Just because your kids have to trade in their placemat for a brown bag or lunchbox, doesn’t mean they can’t still eat like the princes and princesses they are. So this year, toss the PB&J aside (although we do love a good peanut butter sandwich) and prepare just as easy and delicious meals for dinner that make mouth-watering meals for your child’s next days’ lunch, without any need to re-heat!
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- ½ cup cubed red pepper
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- ½ teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and diced
- 4 8-inch flour tortillas
- 4 red leaf or Boston lettuce leaves
- Combine chicken, tomato, cilantro and hot sauce in a medium bowl and toss well
- Add avocado and toss again
- Divide chicken mixture among tortillas and top with lettuce leaves
- Roll up and cut in half.
Maria Zoitas, creator of Westside Market NYC’s “Maria’s Homemade” line of prepared foods, all which can be prepared quickly, easily and on a budget. Not only will your child love them, but we’re sure all the other kids will be asking to trade their lunchbox for the day.