Hi all! I want to give Kelli a huge thank you for letting me guest post on her blog! My name is Andrea, and my husband Chad and I own Wild Bean Vanilla Co. When Kelli asked if I could provide some St. Patrick’s Day themed recipes, I knew this recipe would be perfect – fruit and chocolate, plus its green for St. Patrick’s Day?? Perfect! This is a very simple recipe for a fun St. Patrick’s Day dessert.
- 6 oz semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 Tbls shortening
- 4 small (or 3 large) kiwi
- 2 Tbls. sugar
- 1 C. heavy cream
- ¼ tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ C. powdered sugar
- Green food coloring (optional)
- In microwave safe bowl, combine both ingredients.
- Microwave for 30 second intervals at 50% power, stirring in between, until melted.
- Spoon melted chocolate into foil or silicone muffin cups
- Freeze for approximately 20-30 minutes, until hardened
- Peel kiwi. Put kiwi and sugar into blender, blend until smooth
- In a medium mixing bowl, beat whipping cream and vanilla at medium speed until stiff peaks form.
- Slowly add powdered sugar, beat on low until blended
- With a rubber spatula, fold kiwifruit into whipped cream mixture
- Add food coloring to desired color (optional)
- Spoon kiwi filling into chilled cups. Serve immediately. Makes about 10-12 individual cups.
Those chocolate cups are so incredibly fun! Imagine the possibilities – ice cream, pudding, strawberries with whipped cream – I will definitely be making these again. Thank you again, Kelli!
Andrea and Chad Palmer own Wild Bean Vanilla Company, a family-owned company in Mesa, AZ, specializing in vanilla extracts, vanilla beans, flavored extracts and related vanilla products.