Try a healthy & delicious way to serve chicken and broccoli in a cheese-topped casserole.
Minnie Says: We have had this two nights in a row and still aren’t tired of it – besides at only about 130 calories per serving, it isn’t a big deal to eat it all up!
- 1½ cups frozen broccoli florets, thawed & chopped
- ½ cup mushrooms, chopped
- ½ cup shredded fat free Cheddar cheese (4 oz)
- 1 cup diced cooked chicken breast
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- ½ cup Bisquick Heart Smart® mix
- ½ cup Blue Diamond Unsweetened Almond milk
- ½ cup fat free chicken broth
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ⅓ cup fat-free egg product (EggBeaters)
- Heat oven to 400°F. Spray 9-inch glass pie plate or medium casserole dish with cooking spray.
- In medium bowl, mix all ingredients with wire whisk or fork until blended. Pour into sprayed dish.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Sprinkle with additional pinch of cheese and/or pinch of fried onions, if desired. Bake 3 to 4 minutes longer or just until cheese is melted.
- Cool 5 minutes.