Homeschooling On The Cheap
Homeschoolers are typically struggling to get by on one income and many of us have much more than the rich man’s family (1 boy and 1 girl). As we all know, homeschooling isn’t cheap and can be down-right expensive. So, while we are always looking for the best homeschooling deals, we sure aren’t overly picky!
Grocery, Entertainment, clothing, cleaning, and gift deals are always great for us too. So, you will find all of that here!
Now, that I have rambled enough (I do tend to do that often) let me tell you a bit about homeschooling and where to find the best homeschooling deals on Deals_3BD.
How to find the Best Homeschooling Deals –
Tip Number One: Freebies
- I recently compiled my homeschooling freebies into one great homeschooling freebies resource page organized by Season and Event. As I add more, this page will grow. So, be sure to bookmark it!
- As my Facebook Fan Page grows, I will release a new FREE chapter of my eBook: Alphabet Soup. You can find Chapter One here. As I add new chapters, I will add the link to that page.
- The Old Schoolhouse Freebie Directory is a must-have in anyone’s bookmark list. (Better yet, just bookmark my site and you can find all the links at once)
- Free Homeschool Unit Studies right here at Deals_3BD. I have everything you need from projects, to printables, to books, to fun kid-friendly recipes! Check them out and have fun in your home school celebrating the wacky holidays all year long!
- Plus, be sure to check out my guest post: Homeschooling Freebies: How to Find Them at Budget Saving Mom
- I also wrote this guest post that you can go check out: Homeschooling Freebies: Make-at-Home Art Supply Recipes at Greenbacks Gal
Tip Number Two: Watch for Deals
I originally had a million and one category ideas, but my site looked so cluttered with a ton of things across the top for people to click on, that I just couldn’t handle it anymore. I think my new categories for the best homeschooling deals will really help you to find exactly what you need:
Not interested in receiving all the posts from my site? Only want to be notified about the newest homeschooling posts? I have made it easy for you! You can sign up to receive the homeschooling feed ONLY into your inbox:
Tip Number Three: Buy all Year
Know where the best sales happen and keep your eyes open for them. Don’t need that new history program this year? Buy the next level up and save it for next year… especially if it is 90% off! Here is a list of homeschool/educational places to do some shopping. Also, keep your eyes peeled to this website as I will be posting the best deals daily!
- ABC Mouse
- ClickN READ & ClickN SPELL
- Discount School Supply
- Discovery Channel
- ECMD – Early Childhood Manufacturers’ Direct
- Hooked on Phonics
- Learning A-Z
- LittlePim.com Language Education for ages 0 – 5
- SmileMakers: Reward, Motivate, Educate
- Tapestry of Grace
- Teacher Created Resources
- The History Channel
- The Old Schoolhouse Store.com
Tip Number Four: Organize Once
Tip Number Five: Have Fun!
A wonderful way to have fun is a unit study! I have done a bunch for you from the monthly wacky holiday unit study to a few Holiday themed ones (with more coming soon)!
Halloween Homeschooling Freebies by Subject is a super popular mommy resource that I put together over at Crystal and Company! Then, because I had a good time with that and needed some handwriting worksheets for my boys, I made some free Halloween Handwriting printables for you. 🙂