Whether it’s Valentine’s Day or just a day you want to show the family you love them with a little food fun, these heart shaped meatloaves sure can do the trick.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound ground chicken or turkey
- 1 diced onion
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup oats or bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon horseradish
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ⅓ cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Combine all meat loaf ingredients in a large bowl and work with your hands to fully mix. Work long enough that it’s easy to form the loaves. If you have a large heart-shaped cookie cutter, create your heart shapes. If you don’t have one, just form the hearts by hand.
- Place your loaves on a non-stick oven-safe pan.
- Next combine, the sugar and brown sugar to make your glaze and brush on your loaves.
- Bake for about 30-40 minutes, making sure the internal temperature is 160 F. Served with mashed potatoes and your favorite vegetables.
You can use large cookie cutters to make your heart-shapes or just shape them by hand. And don’t forget the red glaze on top…it’s what makes this meatloaf especially yummy