3 Boys and a Dog does accept guest posts. However, we are pretty particular about what we put on the site and are very specific about what we consider a guest post as opposed to a sponsored post (which we also accept!
Rules, regulations, preferences for guests on my blog:
- Previously published posts are NOT ok!
- 2 – 3 sentence Author Bio goes on bottom of post, with no more than 2 NOT FOR PROFIT links
- Posts should be at least 400 words – max is not an issue, but some readers tend to get bored after about 1,000!
- ZERO for profit links within the body of the post and no more than 3 not-for-profit links within post.
Meaning: do not send my readers to a site where they need to buy something, but you may send my readers to another site for more information (ex: Wikipedia or your blog). If you are going to send them to a place they need to purchase something then you are trying to submit an ad. Please see our Advertising Options.
But, what if you want me on your blog?
I am available for phone, Skype, in person, and email interviews. Just ask!
I love to write guest posts on other sites and typically have a few posts that I am working on to pitch to other bloggers and company blogs – so, I should be able to get to it pretty quickly. Again, please just ask!
Here are a few examples of guest posts I have written around the web:
- Independence Day Party and Craft Ideas at FedEx’s Out of Office Blog
- How to Teach Your Kids to Save Money at Couponing101
- How to Save Money on Your Utilities at The Millennial Housewife
- Self Control and Saving Money at Crazy About My BayBah
- Homeschooling Freebies: How to Find Them at Budget Saving Mom
- Homemaking the Easy Way: 4 Simple Steps at LuvABargain
- Homeschooling Freebies: Make-at-Home Art Supply Recipes at Greenbacks Gal