One of my readers and a regular commentor had this recipe as her most recent link in a commentluv link.. the title sounded so stinking yummy that I had to click over. Man oh man am I glad I did. Not only are these Golden Crispy Chewy Delicious Chocolate Chip Cookies from Becky Charms totally worth getting fat over, but they are pretty simple to boot!
I made a few changes to use what I had on hand and still think they are delicious! Be sure to click over to Becky Charms to find her original recipe.
- ⅔ cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- ⅔ cup granulated sugar
- 2 sticks of margarine
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon apple juice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups multi-purpose flour
- 3 Cups of Milk Chocolate Chips
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Prepare cookie sheets (I simply spray with a cooking spray - the butter flavor is perfect!)
- In a large bowl, combine the sugars and margarine, and beat on medium speed until they are well creamed.
- Add in the egg and vanilla, beating again until well combined.
- Next add in the juice, salt, and baking soda, beating until smooth and creamy.
- Mix in the flour, then fold in your chocolate chips.
- Use a spoon or two to scoop 1¼″ balls of dough onto the prepared baking sheets, leaving 2″ between them on all sides to account for spreading.
- Bake the cookies for 10 to 12 minutes, until the edges are a light golden brown
- Allow to cool (or set) slightly before transferring to a cooling rack to keep them from falling apart.