I’ve always wanted to make cute desserts. You know the ones, they come in those cute little ramekins or canning jars. Neatly packaged for individual consumption, saving you time after dinner so you don’t have to serve up on demand. You simply bring a tray of delicious deserts to the table already in their own little containers, beautifully presented and ready to eat.
Desserts in jars are becoming very popular so why not write a cookbook devoted to them? Vegan Desserts in Jars is a wonderfully presented cookbook with recipes for pies, cakes, puddings and much more. It includes 75 recipes and over 40 beautiful images, also included in the introduction is a handy guide for what types of jars work best, what to fill your pantry with and how-to tips for cooking vegan. I’m not vegan so I wouldn’t necessarily need to pay too much attention to the dairy substitutes, if say, I don’t have a particular vegan ingredient on hand.
The recipes are easy to follow and if you need to make substitutions it’s would be easy enough to do. My favorite sections of the book are the Mixes section and Treats for Two section. The mixes are easy to prepare and would make great gifts and the Treats for Two section is ideal for sampling and date nights.
Vegan Desserts in Jars is published through Ulysses Press and can be purchased from most online and brick and mortar stores for a suggested retail price of $15.95.
One lucky 3 Boys and A Dog Reader is going to win a copy of Vegan Desserts in Jars! (ARV $16)
REQUIRED COMMENT: Do you bake vegan? If so what tips can you offer our readers for a successful recipe.
Other bonus entries:
- #1. Spread the word about this review by: email, forums, blogging, Digg, or putting the link in a meme. (one entry per thing done)
- #2. Sign up for my NEW Weekly Newsletter.
- #3. Subscribe to my RSS feed.
- #4. Put my button on your blog.
- #5. Leave a comment on any other post (excluding giveaways!) Be sure to leave a comment here saying which post.
- #6 – Vote for me at Picket Fence by clicking the button on my sidebar. Be sure to leave a comment saying you did! YOU MAY VOTE ONCE DAILY!
CONTEST ENDS: at Midnight EST on October 29, 2013
OPEN TO: USA & Canada
*DISCLAIMER: I was sent a copy of the above reviewed book from Ulysses Press to help facilitate my review. All thoughts and opinions are strictly my own.*