Having a son with Autism, this book really touched both of us. I read it first to make sure it was age appropriate for him and it is a great book for any parent to read to their child! All children should read or be read this book! For younger kids, you might want to shorten the storyline, but read it to them!
About the Book
Slippery Willie’s Stupid, Ugly Shoes by Larry Peterson is a fantastic story about Willie Wiggles who “slipped, slid, and spun all over the place.” He has to wear these shoes that he thinks are horrible shoes, in order to walk normal. He dreams that everyone laughs at him, but finds that they are cool shoes when he finally wears them to school.
My (and my son’s) thoughts
After my son read this story, he told me that: “Sometimes people have problems and need a wheelchair, or glasses, or fake body parts and that’s okay!” He really understood the story! He was a little worried when everyone was laughing at Willie, but felt much better when he found it was a dream! I enjoyed the simply drawn pictures with a lot of color, the alliteration used, and the story. It is very age-appropriate with enough pictures to keep children’s attention. All children should be taught that we all deserve love (no matter what our problems are) and we should never laugh at someone else’s problem. This is a great book to help teach our children these important principles!
About the Author
Larry Peterson Bio:
Larry Peterson was born and raised in the Bronx, New York. As a freelancer, he has written many newspaper columns for local publications. Slippery Willie’s Stupid, Ugly Shoes is his first children’s book. Peterson has lived in Pinellas Park, Florida for the past 28 years.
You can buy this awesome children’s book for $2.99-$16.95, depending on what form you would like to read it in! You can get it on Kindle, the Nook, Google, iPad, Ebook, or a real copy on the Tribute website.
One lucky reader will win a pdf copy of Slippery Willie’s Stupid, Ugly Shoes.
REQUIRED COMMENT: View the youtube book trailer on the book‘s website, and tell me what you like about it.
BONUS #1: Follow @TributeBooks and @momof3boys3702on Twitter and RT this contest. The easiest way to retweet is to simply click the green ReTweet on the top right of this post. YOU MAY TWEET ONCE DAILY
Other bonus entries:
- #1. Spread the word about this review by: email, forums, blogging, Digg, or putting the link in a meme. (one entry per thing done)
- #2. Follow the 3 Boys and a Dog blog.
- #3. Subscribe to the 3 Boys and a Dog RSS feed.
- #4. Put the 3 boys and a Dog button on your blog.
- #5. Leave a comment on any other post (excluding giveaways!) Be sure to leave a comment here saying which post.
- #6. Vote for 3 Boys and a Dog at Picket Fence by clicking the button on the sidebar. Be sure to leave a comment saying you did! YOU MAY VOTE ONCE DAILY!
- #7. Share your thoughts about accepting differences here. Male a comment here when you have done it!
CONTEST ENDS: at Midnight CST on March 29th.
OPEN TO: Everyone! Yes, this giveaway is open worldwide.
*DISCLAIMER: I was sent items by Tribute Books to help facilitate my review. Any opinions stated are strictly my own.*