We all know a good nights sleep is important for many reasons. For this mom of four it’s important so that I can be in a good mood and ready to face the day with my very busy kids. It’s only been the last month or so that I have actually been able to sleep through the whole night uninterrupted by children. However, my favorite pillow was not being so kind! As it turns out my favorite pillow was causing me some neck pain and to have restless interrupted sleep. It had gotten to the point where I couldn’t even turn my neck to check my blind spots while driving! So you can imagine that I was more then ready to review a new pillow! Especially a new pillow that made claims of being able to “improve the quality of sleep and reduce neck pain”.
Well let me tell you, it worked! I’ve been using the Mediflow Waterbase pillow for about a week and a half now and after just the first night I already felt an improvement in my neck pain. I like my pillows fairly soft so I put in enough water to give me a “soft” pillow(2L of water), this felt too soft so the next night I added an additional litre to give me a medium softness pillow and I have stuck at that ever since. I don’t remember when my neck pain went away completely (yes, somehow in the busyness of my life I didn’t even notice when the pain stopped) but it’s gone for at least a few days if not a week. That’s pretty impressive considering I had been dealing with the pain for about 3 weeks. I like that the water in the base of the pillow keeps the pillow in one spot all night long so I have no fear that I’ll lose the pillow in the night like my previous pillow had a tendency of doing. I definitely feel more rested and I am, of course, very grateful that the neck pain has gone away!
My husband even says that he has noticed that I am not as restless during the night and that my snoring (yes, I snore and I can admit it! ;)) has also lessened. This is a big deal for us because for the past 10 years of marriage I’ve bugged him to no end in my sleep because I was always traveling over to his side and taking up more of the bed then I should.
The therapeutic Mediflow Waterbase pillow has been ranked the top bed pillow for improving the quality of your sleep. This state of the art pillow was proven to provide the best neck support to reduce neck pain. It’s an excellent pillow for both parents and children, and will provide a better night’s sleep.
Here’s how it works:
· Much like your pillow at home, the top layer of the pillow is a plump layer of hypoallergenic polyester that feels soft and cloudlike when you lay on it.
· The deluxe polyester fiber has a siliconized finish to keep it lofty and resist lumping up.
· The water receptacle is beneath the foam. By simply adding or removing water, the user can adjust the support of the pillow from soft to firm.
· Once the waterbase is at an ideal level, the Mediflow system actually adjusts while the user sleeps. The waterbase responds to head movement to reduce the number of times the user wakes up to adjust the pillow. No more pounding, fluffing, or popping the pillow at night
I would definitely recommend Mediflow Waterbase pillow to everyone I know. The Mediflow Waterbase pillow is available for purchase at many online retailers with a suggested retail price of $39.99.
One very lucky 3 Boys and a Dog reader is going to win a Mediflow Waterbase pillow for themselves! (A $40 Value)
REQUIRED COMMENT: Go to the Mediflow site and tell me something else you learned or liked.
Other bonus entries:
- #1. Spread the word about this review by: email, forums, blogging, Digg, or putting the link in a meme. (one entry per thing done)
- #2. Sign up for my NEW Weekly Newsletter.
- #3. Subscribe to my RSS feed.
- #4. Put my button on your blog.
- #5. Leave a comment on any other post (excluding giveaways!) Be sure to leave a comment here saying which post.
- #6 – Vote for me at Picket Fence by clicking the button on my sidebar. Be sure to leave a comment saying you did! YOU MAY VOTE ONCE DAILY!
CONTEST ENDS: at Midnight CST on January 3rd, 2013
OPEN TO: USA and Canada
*DISCLAIMER: I was sent the above reviewed item by Mediflow to help facilitate my review. Any opinions stated are strictly my own. All photos used in this post are courtesy of Mediflow.*