Don’t let the kids lunch boxes get boring this year! Family Fun Magazine has some great back to school recipes that will make the kids smile when they open their lunch box! You want to make sure the kids actually are eating the lunch you send with them to school
This School Bus Sandwich is super fun to make, and the kids will love it. Whether it goes in their lunch box or you make it as a healthy after school snack, it is a fun treat the kids will love to eat!
Park this friendly bus in front of your child to celebrate the start of the new school year.
- one slice of bread
- yellow cheese
- white cheese
- grape tomato
- black olives
- Cut a slice of bread (we used pumpernickel) into a rectangle, reserving a strip of crust.
- Trim a slice of yellow cheese to fit the bread as shown.
- Cut another slice of cheese for the hood.
- Use the reserved crust for a fender.
- Cut headlights and grill strips from white cheese and set them in place.
- Use the pointy end of a grape tomato for each red light.
- Slice more tomato into a stop sign and smile.
- Finish with black olive tires, trimmed to lie flat, and pupils (we cut ours with a straw).
- Now that’s a snack worth stopping for!
For more fun and family friendly recipes, check out FamilyFunMag.com!