Each month, I will send in a neat unit study that coordinates with fun and sometimes wacky holidays for the upcoming month. In addition to tips, ideas, and thoughts, I will also include links to some fun things to learn about in your homeschool.
Don’t homeschool? No big deal! Spend time with your kids during the weekends and on holidays doing these fun things and teach them something in the process!
September is… Chicken Month!
All items in the list below are free unless otherwise stated. *If it is underlined, you can click it!
Specific Days that Coordinate:
- September 2nd – National Beheading Day: Yes, it is awful, but you could learn about Henry VIII today. I couldn’t resist putting this one because I always tell my kids “Quit running around like a chicken with it’s head cut off!” Beheading Chickens… it just fit.
- September 5th – Cheese Pizza Day: Spare the chickens today and enjoy some ooey-gooey cheese pizza. Here’s a recipe for a homemade Chicken Ranch Pizza AND a coupon for money off a pizza at Pizza Hut.
- September 10th – Swap Ideas Day: Let me share some of my favorite ways to cook chicken with you! Maybe you’ll find a new family favorite!
- September 18th – National Cheeseburger Day. Spare those chickens today and fire up the grill! Here’s a great slaw burger recipe!
Fun Things to Do This Month:
- Tracing Punctuation! With CD – Disney’s Chicken Little
- Learn some Meat and Poultry words in German and French!
- Learn some fun chicken facts and even watch avideoBe sure to leave me a note letting me know your plans for the month and even how it went last month!