Help your child(ren) learn a bit about this silly holiday, improve their reading skills, and just plain have a bit of fun with these April Fools’ Day Worksheets! Plus, don’t let the fun stop there! I also have a few resources to keep things silly and a couple great places to find April Fools Day prank ideas! Have fun – that is the point, after all!
In the 16th century, France celebrated the New Year just like we do today, except they partied on April 1st. In 1562, Pope Gregory changed the calendar to the one we use today and from then on, the New Year began on January 1st. Lots of people didn’t know about the new calendar, or they ignored the new calendar and kept celebrating on April 1st. Everyone else called them April fools and played tricks on them.
These April Fools Day worksheets are included in the ebook:
- Page 3: Reading Comprehension Have your child read (or read to your child) the story of April Fools Day and complete the questions.
- Page 4-6: Reading & Writing. You have flash cards, color the word, and handwriting practice. These are words associated with April Fools’ Day.
- Page 7: Vocabulary Have your child use the dictionary to find the meaning of the words.
- Page 8: Alphabetical Order Can your child put the words in alphabetical order?
- Page 9: Word Find I love word finds! Can your child spot the words in this April Fools Day Word Find?
Good April Fools Day Pranks:
Don’t let the fun stop with just these worksheets! Really have fun with one (or some) of these good April Fools Day pranks!
- Kids Activities Blog has a big list of 20 April Fools Day Pranks!
- Crystal and Company has a BIG list of good April Fools Day pranks!
- My Crazy Good Life has several April Fools Prank Ideas for the teens in your life. 🙂 BA HA HA!
Fun April Fools Day Resources:
At the time of writing this post, we only have a week to go – so, I tried to stick with downloads 🙂