Here’s a fun game day main dish or just for an every day dinner for football fans. This is a recipe adapted from ivillage.com and it’s easy to make.
It has the addition of carrots to add just a little bit more of a nutritious punch. You can also shred vegetables like zucchini and add them if you’d like to.
With Football Season just around the corner, it’s time to get creative with our meals! This Football Meatloaf Recipe creates a fun and delicious meal wrapped into one. Serve with a side of Pan Fried Potatoes and Carrots to really “wow” the crowd.
- • 1 pound ground beef
- • ½ cup oats
- • 1 grated carrot
- • 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- • 1 egg
- • 2 tablespoons Worcestershire
- • 2 tablespoons horseradish
- • Salt and pepper
- For topping and decoration:
- • Ketchup
- • Onion
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large bowl, add ground beef, oats, carrot, onion, egg, Worcestershire, horseradish, salt and pepper. Work the ingredients with your hands until they are well combined and stick together well. On a non-stick oven safe pan, shape the loaf into a football shape. Make a well on the top of the meat where the ketchup and onion decoration will go.
- Bake for about 50-60 minutes until fully cooked.
- Add ketchup to fill the well you created. Top with thin slices of onion, arranged to look like the football’s laces. Serve with mashed potatoes and enjoy!