Each month, I will send in a neat unit study that coordinates with fun and sometimes wacky Holidays for the upcoming month. In addition to tips, ideas, and thoughts, I will also include links to some fun things to learn about in your homeschool. Don’t homeschool? No big deal! Spend time with your kids during the weekends and on holidays doing these fun things and teach them something in the process!
September is… Chicken Month!
All items in the list below are free unless otherwise stated. *If it is underlined, you can click it!
Specific Days that Coordinate:
- September 2nd – National Beheading Day: Yes, it is awful, but you could learn about Henry VIII today. I couldn’t resist putting this one because I always tell my kids “Quit running around like a chicken with it’s head cut off!” Beheading Chickens… it just fit.
- September 5th – Cheese Pizza Day: Spare the chickens today and enjoy some ooey-gooey cheese pizza. Here’s a recipe for a homemade one AND a coupon for money off a pizza at Pizza Hut
- September 10th – Swap Ideas Day: Share your favorite chicken recipe on the blog today! You can link it up on the linky or leave it in the comments.
- September 18th – National Cheeseburger Day. Spare those Chickens again today and fire up the grill! Here’s a great cheeseburger recipe!
Fun things to do this month:
- Tracing Punctuation: Trace & Learn (Disney’s Chicken Little (Studio Mouse))
- Learn some Meat and Poultry words in German and French!
- Learn some fun Chicken Facts and even watch a video!
- Lots of fun and educational links at the Poultry Hub
Free Printables for this month:
Books to Read this month:
These are Amazon links and they cost to purchase (all under 5 dollars, unless otherwise noted) but you can always check with your local library!
Neat recipes to add to the plan this month:
- Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Jerk Chicken Nachos
- Loaded Chicken Breasts
- Chicken and Broccoli Casserole
- Saucy Parmesan Chicken
- Cheesy Broccoli Chicken Casserole
NOTE: I may occasionally post some things that cost, but will try very hard to keep those items minimal and under 5 dollars each! Sometimes, you just have to spend a bit of money to really get something you want. LOL!
Be sure to leave me a note letting me know your plans for the month and even how it went last month!
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.