Coming up with new lunch recipes can be challenging at time. It is easy to get into a rut of just making a quick turkey or ham sandwich for lunch. I was determined to implement new recipes into my lunch time menu. I added my Curried Egg Salad recipe into my lunch menu recently and I could not be happier! It is such a welcome change from a simple salad or meat sandwich.
If you don’t have time to make lunch the day of, make it the night before so it’s all ready to go! You can eat this Curried Egg Salad on bread as a salad or add it to a romaine lettuce wrap.
I like to enjoy this recipe with my Coffee Banana Tofu Shake. Drinking this shake with my lunch gives me an afternoon pick-me-up and keeps me full until dinner time!
- 5 good quality eggs
- 1½ teaspoons of your favorite curry powder
- 3 tablespoons of plain yogurt
- 2 big pinches of salt
- ½ small onion, chopped
- ½ medium apple, chopped
- ¼ cup of pecans, toasted and chopped
- 1 small bunch of chives, minced
- Put the eggs into the empty pot and run enough cold water to cover the eggs by ½ inch.
- Bring the eggs to a gentle boil.
- Turn off the heat, cover the pot and allow the eggs to sit for exactly 7 minutes.
- Grab a large bowl, add ice and cold water and have it ready.
- After exactly 7 minutes, carefully pour the water out of the pot and place the eggs into the ice bath for about 3 minutes.
- While you are waiting for the eggs to cook and cool, get a small bowl and add the yogurt, curry powder and salt. Mix it together.
- Next, crack and peel each egg then place it in a medium sized mixing bowl. Add the yogurt mixture, onions, apple, pecans and chives. Mash the ingredients together with a fork but not too much. You do want the egg salad to have texture. If you need more moisture in your egg salad, add a little bit more yogurt, a little at a time, until it is the right consistency. Taste it and then adjust the flavor with a bit more salt if necessary.