Grab a glass of milk and a nice book to curl up with, because these crunchy chocolate chip cookies will have you melting into your chair in no time. While there are many chocolate chip cookie recipes out there, nothing quite beats the crunch that these little guys deliver.
Enjoy the chocolate chip cookie with milk or add a scoop of ice cream to make the perfect ice cream sandwiches to cool down in the summer heat.
- 1 cup margarine
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup white sugar
- 2 cups flour (you can easily use whole wheat in this recipe with the same great results)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup walnuts, broken into small pieces
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Cream together the butter and sugars with a mixer. Add the eggs and continue mixing until smooth. Add the flour and baking soda and mix fully, scraping the edges of the bowl as you go. When the mixture is fully combined, stir in the chocolate chips and nuts so they are evenly distributed.
- Place batter by teaspoonful on a non-stick baking sheet. Bake for about 9-10 minutes or until just starting to brown. Let them cool a bit before removing them and placing them on a cooling rack, or they’ll fall apart.
Who doesn’t love a chewy chocolate chip cookie? This recipe is adapted from the original recipe you’ll find on the back of any bag of Chipits, but with less sugar. We also use margarine, instead of the optional butter as it produces the chewiest results. This recipe is an oldie, but a goodie.