We have already established that my husband loves him some hot stuff, but me and Thomas aren’t so crazy about it. That’s what makes this Buffalo Chicken Dip perfect! It isn’t too spicy, but my husband can throw some extra Tabasco Sauce on his portion and gobble it up! Plus, throw it in the Crockpot and you can take it anywhere!
This dip recipe is a perfect appetizer for a game day party, since it takes the taste of buffalo chicken wings and makes it into a dippable spread! Add a bowl of my Hamburger Rotel Dip to create a party spread! And don’t forget to put out a bowl of my sweet Monster Cookie Dough Dip for dessert!
For more yummy dips, check out my list of over 30 dip recipes that only need three ingredients!
Crockpot Buffalo Chicken Dip:
This is a very versatile dip recipe, because it can be cooked either on the stovetop or in a slow cooker. To cook it on the stovetop, follow the recipe instructions below.
If you’d rather cook it in a crockpot, just spray the inside of the slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray. Then combine all the ingredients in the cooker and mix well. Turn the crockpot on to low heat and cook until bubbly, 1 to 2 hours.
You can serve this dip directly from the slow cooker, if you’d like. Or you can dish it into a pretty serving dish surrounded by chips and crackers. Either way works!
- 2 (10 ounce) cans chunk chicken, drained
- 2 packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup Ranch dressing
- ¾ cup pepper sauce (such as Frank’s Red Hot® or Tabasco®)
- 1½ cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- Heat chicken and hot sauce in a skillet over medium heat, until heated through.
- Stir in cream cheese and ranch dressing.
- Cook, stirring until well blended and warm.
- Mix in half of the shredded cheese, and transfer the mixture to a slow cooker.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top, cover, and cook on Low setting until hot and bubbly.
- Serve with celery sticks and crackers.
This dip would be delicious with celery sticks, of course. But you can also pair it with sturdy crackers, such as Triscuits, or tortilla chips!
If you want to take this dip to the next level, squeeze a little ranch or blue cheese dressing on top!
Crockpot Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe Resources:
These affiliate resources from Amazon make preparing this Crockpot Buffalo Chicken Dip a snap!