I’m pretty sure everyone loves a good recipe that incorporates bacon, I know I do! Corn Chowder with Bacon and Potatoes is one of my favorite quick and easy recipes. You simply put all the ingredients together and before you know it dinner is ready! This dish takes almost no time at all to cook and requires ingredients you probably already have in your kitchen.
If you are trying to lower your family’s monthly grocery budget, this dish needs to be on your list! I like to serve the Corn Chowder with Bacon & Potatoes with fresh warm bread. My favorite bread to serve with this dish is my Irish Soda Bread Recipe. This bread is easy to make and it doesn’t require any yeast!
- 28 oz chicken broth
- 24 oz evaporated milk
- 2 cups instant potatoes
- 15 oz whole kernel corn
- 8 bacon slices, fried and crumbled
- 2 tbsp. onion powder
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- In a large saucepan, bring broth and evaporated milk to a boil. Reduce heat to low.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir to blend. Cook until desired consistency is reached, about 10 minutes.
- Garnish with shredded cheddar cheese, sliced green onions and bacon bits if desired. Add hot bread and a dessert to put a smile on everyone's face!