My family really enjoys pizza, however we don’t enjoy the $12 per pizza price. So, in order to enjoy it on a cash budget we create our own homemade pizzas. I have a ton of homemade pizza ideas, from BBQ to Mexican.
The one I’m going to share with you today is one of my favorites. It is the Chicken Ranch pizza. If you like pizza with a white sauce you will love this recipe. It is very different from a traditional pizza, but a delicious alternative. I bet you’ll love it as much as we do.
By making your own pizza you can afford to have it every week. It is much cheaper than take out and my father in law says mine is better anyway! You can make your own crust if you prefer and can make it how you like it, thin, thick or pan style. It is up to you!
Chicken Ranch Pizza Recipe
- Pizza Crust - You can either make your own pizza crust from scratch or use a pizza crust mix. I use an inexpensive add water mix.
- Ranch Dressing approximately ½ cup
- Chicken Breast meat cooked and cubed (approximately 2 chicken breasts per pizza)
- 2 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese per pizza
- fresh baby spinach (about a handful)
- Make the pizza crust and spread onto a pan. Add ½ cup of ranch and spread out on your pizza. This will serve as your pizza sauce.
- Spread your chicken, add spinach and finally top with cheese.
- Place in the oven at 350 degrees and bake until brown.
This is one of the best pizzas. It is full of flavor. You can add a sprinkle of basil or oregano on the chicken, which will add some extra flavor if you’d like. You can omit the spinach on your children’s pizza, but my kids never seem to know the difference.
About the Author:
Alyssa is a Christian mom blogger and published author who loves helping moms with WAHM tips, frugal recipes, budgeting, and parenting. She, her husband (Greg) of 13 years and her three precious children call the Deep South home.
You can connect with her at: