We love making fun Summer Mocktail recipes at my house during the hot summer months. Tea is a favorite to mix with different flavors like fresh fruit!
Top Chef judge Gail Simmons has created some new recipes to help Pure Leaf Iced Tea kick off its Love of Leaves campaign at its luncheon in NYC. In addition, every social engagement from fans on Pure Leaf’s Facebook or Tumblr, and use of the #loveofleaves hashtag on Instagram and Twitter, Pure Leaf will donate $1 to Wholesome Wave, an organization focused on increasing access to local foods in underserved communities.
This Bumbleberry Tea recipe is a cool and refreshing treat for a hot summer day. Perfect for making at home, or serving at your summer parties!
- ½ cup each of raspberries, blueberries, blackberries, plus more for garnish
- 1 cup strawberries cut into small pieces
- 8 mint leaves, plus more for garnish
- Juice of one lemon
- 1 bottle Pure Leaf Lemon Iced Tea
- In a small bowl, muddle berries, mint and lemon juice well. Press mixture through a fine mesh sieve. Discard pulp.
- Divide berry mixture between two ice-filled highball glasses. Top each glass with Pure Leaf Lemon Iced Tea (approximately ¾ cup per glass). Stir to combine.
- Garnish with mint sprig and a 3-5 whole berries each.
- Note: To make a cocktail, add a 1-ounce shot of white rum or gin to each drink.
Gail Simmons, TV personality and Special Projects Director at FOOD & WINE magazine.
If you would like to see more from Gail Simmons, check out her book Talking with My Mouth Full: My Life as a Professional Eater!