If you have followed my blog very long, then you know that I use Sonlight Curriculum with my oldest. Today I received a note in my mailbox explaining their new rewards program.
You’ve probably heard me mention Sonlight before, but I wanted to pass along some of my favorite reasons why it really works for us.
* My children are getting a great education and loving it … at least most of the time! Sonlight is a literature-based curriculum, so we read tons of great books out loud together. The kids devour plenty of books on their own, too. We stay away from boring textbooks and really engage in what we’re learning.
* That time spent reading together on the couch is creating some great memories–we learn so much about each other as we discuss the events, ideas and characters we discover.
* With the Instructor’s Guides Sonlight provides (http://www.sonlight.com/ig.html), we can just open up the guide and do school every day without me spending much time planning. That gives us even more time to hang out … and keep up with the laundry.
* Sonlight prepares my kids to engage with the world around them. We study lots of different cultures and don’t just focus on US history. My kids know that not everyone is like us, and they’re learning to care about those around them with an intelligent and Christ-centered love.
* Sonlight offers the best risk-free offer of anyone. You can take a whole year to use 18-weeks of a curriculum package or Instructor’s Guide. If you don’t love it, send it all back (used books and all) and receive a full refund of every penny you paid. Go to http://www.sonlight.com/love.html for more on this stress-free offer.
* I get all the help I need from Sonlight’s online forums, their curriculum advisors (who can help me choose which products will fit my family best) and their customer relations team. Granted, I’d love it if they also sent a personal chef to my house occasionally … but I guess they can’t do everything.
Check out http://www.sonlight.com/why-sonlight.html for some great articles about Sonlight that may help. I particularly appreciated "27 Reasons NOT to Buy Sonlight," "You can teach your children–with confidence–from your first day" and "How Literature-Rich Homeschooling Awakens Your Child’s Natural Passion for Learning."
Yes, that sounded canned. LOL! It is a pre-written email by Sonlight but I did remove a couple that didn’t actually fit me. :-D Anyway, the whole point is that if you have never purchased from Sonlight, I can give you a discount card with a code on it. YOU get 5 dollars off your first purchase of 50 dollars or more and I get a few points to use towards my next purchase. If you want one of these coupons, drop me an email with your mailing address and I will stick one in the mail to you. Please, do not request one unless you are planning to use it. I only have a few and will be paying the shipping with my own money. 😀