If you’ve been reading my site for any length of time, you probably know that I love animals! My dogs are more than just pets they are a part of my family. I can tell you firsthand that being a pet owner brings another level of joy to your life. If you’ve ever thought about getting a pet or adding an additional pet to your household, please adopt.
5 Reasons to Adopt a Pet
1. You save a life! Seriously, does it get much better than that? When you adopt you give an animal a second chance at life and having a loving home.
2. Additional resources become available to you when you adopt. You end up getting access to the shelter and the volunteers. They are there to help you with any questions or struggles.
3. Adopting a pet saves you money! Most pets you adopt will have been sprayed or neutered and come with their vaccinations. That’s a huge savings right there.
4. When you adopt a pet they have typically went through a health examination and behavioral screenings. You will know upfront of any existing health conditions or any behavior problems. This is especially helpful if your home already has other animals or if you have young children.
5. Most pets that are up for adoption are adult dogs and cats. This is a huge bonus if you don’t want to deal with the puppy stage of life. Let’s face it, raising a puppy is hard work and not everyone is up for it. An adult dog is usually more calm, knows some basic commands and is ready to be loved by his new family.
If you are even considering adopting a pet, I highly suggest checking out the upcoming adoption event that PetSmart will be hosting.
There will be a ton of animals to choose from and I’m pretty sure you’ll find the perfect pet for your family. National Adoption Weekend will be happening November 13 – 15.
Visit your local PetSmart to check out all of the beautiful animals that are in need of a forever home. Local humane societies and animal welfare organizations will be on site with adoptable dogs and cats. Keep in mind that there is a complete adoption process that one must go through before adopting a cat or dog. The volunteers on staff want to ensure that each animal is going to a suitable home. There is a fee to adopt and that will vary based on location and the agency. However, the adoption fee does include spray/neuter surgery, vaccination and microchip. If you are interested in adopting a cat or dog you can locate your closest PetSmart using the PetSmart Store Locator and you can also find an Find A Pet near you.