I love hamburgers… like seriously! Is there anything better than a sloppy hamburger with a side of waist expanding fries? Not in the least! But, I like them to be full of flavor and real meat – so while I will eat burgers at fast food places, I much prefer my own concoction. The boys have touted it the best ever hamburger and I stepped it up to the best ever EASY hamburger patty recipe! I hope you enjoy it as much as we do!
This hamburger goes really well with a side of KFC Coleslaw!
- 4 pounds of ground chuck
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup of Italian flavored bread crumbs
- 2 Tablespoons Ketchup
- 1 Tablespoon Mustard
- 1 cup shredded cheddar
- 2 T Worcestershire sauce
- ½ small onion minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- *I usually add about 2 teaspoons of seasoning salt as well!
- Mix together all ingredients
- Separate into 16 even portions (1/4 pound patties)
- Roll each portion into a ball. Then, flatten each ball into a patty. I use the bottom of a glass.
- Grill until desired temperature/doneness
- Serve on buns with condiments of choice!
I actually cook my burgers on the stove and my husband asked me how I can tell when they are done. When he makes them, they tend to fall apart. The secret is to leave them alone! When the sides begin to lose their pinkness it is time to flip them over. This typically takes 3-4 minutes on medium heat. Leave on the other side for approximately the same amount of time and poke the center with a fork. Flatten with your spatula to see if the juices run clear. If they are pink, I continue cooking until they run clear! We like our hamburgers well done.