Strawberries are definitely a seasonal fruit, but with the influx of technology, we can find these sweet and tart berries all year long. With their pretty color, strawberries make a fabulous addition to your Valentine’s Day dinners. This easy strawberry trifle recipe is sure to be a hit!
- 1 angel food cake
- 2 quarts of fresh or frozen strawberries (Important! Frozen strawberries must be thawed and drained well before using. )
- 6 oz of vanilla pudding mix
- 4 cups cold milk
- 8 oz whipped topping
- Slice strawberries and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, prepare pudding according to package directions. Carefully fold in one half of the whipped topping and set aside.
- Tear one half of the angel food cake into pieces, placing pieces in a trifle dish or similar dish. Top the cake with one half of the strawberries and then top strawberries with one half of the pudding. Repeat to create a second layer.
- Spread the remaining whipped topping over the pudding and garnish with a few fresh whole or sliced strawberries.
Not only does this dessert taste amazing but it looks great sitting on the table. Your friends and family will think you spent hours putting this together, when in reality it took almost no time at all. I recently served this dessert with my Slow Cooker Pork Chops and Sweet Potatoes recipe. The Strawberry Trifle dessert was a perfect match and between dinner and the dessert, I did not have to turn my oven on even once!