Schools across the Nation are gearing up for their Fall Festivals and the folks in charge are having a hard time coming up with some budget friendly Fall Festival game ideas! In fact, my sister-in-law was just complaining about not being able to find any. So, using her creativity and doing my own online searches, I was able to come up with this list of over 12 Fall Festival game ideas plus a few Fall Festival Prize Ideas!!
Fall Festival Game Ideas:
- Photo Booth – With selfies, mustaches, and “the duck face” being all the rage, photo booths are popping up at many parties now! Create your own photo booth with a fall themed tablecloth as the background and fill a box with props like boas, hats, mustaches, funny glasses, and more.
- Ring Toss – Using old glass bottles, you can create your own DIY Ring Toss Game – Or, if you don’t really want glass bottles you can create a ring toss game using dowels
- School Idol – Set up a Karaoke stage and charge tickets for the kids to sing. You could have an Idol of the Day or an Idol per grade.
- Ladder Golf - Not sure why this game is called “golf” but oh man it looks fun and challenging!
- Fishing is always a popular festival game. The easiest way to play is to set up a plastic kiddie pool and get some sticks or dowels. Put a piece of string on the pole and a magnet at the end of the strong. Fill the pool with cardboard fishes that have paper clips on them. Blind-fold the kids and let them fish! Different colored fish could be for different prizes.
- Spray Away – Martha Stewart suggests putting ping-pong balls onto golf tees and allowing the use of water guns to spray the balls down! You know that sounds like loads of fun!
- Mini Golf – a couple boards, golf balls, and clubs and you have your own handmade mini golf course.
- Xbox or Wii games – You can set up your gaming system with a projector and screen and allow danging, sports, etc playoffs! We did this for my 13 year old’s birthday party and it was a big hit! Set your timer and let the kids take turns!
- Obstacle Course – You can create your own with scraps from the garage or purchase this super awesome blow up one (Inflatable Obstacle Pro-Racer Bounce House Bouncer). Some of the “jumpy” places even allow you to rent these. If it is being used for a school or Church, your local place might even offer a discount or donate it!
- Scavenger Hunt – Create your own scavenger hunt and allow the kids to look for things as they spend time at the Festival. When they finish it they can turn it in for a small prize – this is the perfect time to give them some extra tickets. No time (or creativeness) to create your own? The Taylor House has several pre-made scavenger hunt free printables!
- Lawn Twister – a couple different colors of spray paint and you have one massive Twister Game!
- Olympics – Three Legged Races, Egg Toss, Sack races, Wheelbarrow races, horseshoes, and other backyard games! Allow the kids to compete for prizes! The added benefit is that it wears them out. LOL!
- Duck Pond – You can never go wrong with a duck pond. Simply paint different colors on the bottom of some rubber duckies. Float the ducks in a small pool and allow the kids to choose a duck – the idea is to put lots of the color that equals a small prize, fewer of the next size prize and only 1 or 2 of the biggest prizes.
Fall Festival Prize Ideas:
- More tickets! Set aside a certain number of tickets – maybe a different color – and allow the kids to win a couple tickets at the booths. Be sure to keep count so your money doesn’t get messed up.
- Create some Turkey Poo packets!
- There are TONS of really neat goodies available at Oriental Trading Company that kids will love and since you can purchase by the gross the prices are very cheap!
- Go to local stores and ask for some donations. These donations can be used as prizes at the booths, as part of an auction, and/or for the Cake Walk that every good festival should have!
More Fall Festival Game Ideas:
- The Idea Room – DIY Ping Pong Table
- Sugar Bee Crafts – Last Minute Games Using Paper Products
- I Heart Naptime – Giant Pickup Sticks
- Skip to My Lou – How to Build a Washers Game
- PTO Today – Massive message board of submitted Fall Festival Game Ideas
- Growing Kids Ministry – Fall Festival Game Ideas
I hope these help you have the rocking-est fall festival ever!