We absolutely love fresh ingredients in our foods. Especially when we can use basil from Riley’s Toddler Herb Garden. We recently made a Caprese Burger that was to die for and I knew I just had to stick with Caprese ingredients. Our Caprese Kabobs are perfect for little fingers to help assemble and we all know that when toddlers are involved with the process of making a food item, they are more apt to eat it.
The ingredients for the Caprese Kabobs are extremely simple and relatively inexpensive. You’ll need basil, tomatoes, fresh mozzarella and balsamic vinegar. We assembled our kabobs on skewer brochettes because the length was perfect for two pieces of fresh mozzarella, which takes up the most room on the kabob. I sliced up all of the ingredients and asked my daughter to make a pattern on the kabob using the ingredients. She loved this idea and went straight to work.
The finishing touch was sprinkling the assembled kabobs with balsamic vinegar. These Caprese Kabobs are a perfect summer appetizer because they are quick and easy to put together as well as light and delicious. They are just a perfect combination.
- Basil torn into bite size pieces
- Tomatoes (2 roma or plum tomatoes cut in half for kabobs)
- Fresh Mozzarella cut into bite size pieces
- Skewer brochettes for assembly
- Balsamic Vinegar for sprinkling
- Assemble ingredients on skewer brochettes with two tomato pieces, two mozzarella chunks and a piece of basil.
- Sprinkle the completed kabob with balsamic vinegar.
Jenny is a wife, mother, teacher and blogger. She and her husband of 7 years are raising two girls, a toddler and newborn, an hour outside of NYC. Jenny shares crafts, recipes, diy and party planning projects over at The NY Melrose Family.
You can connect with her at: