Southern Mom Cooks is now officially a year old and the traffic it is getting so early just astounds me. It took me YEARS on the main site to get it this big. But, I guess that is because I knew what I was doing when I started this one. LOL!
And on that note…
Crystal (Crystal and Company) and I will be starting a Google+ Live Hang Out chat on Tuesday mornings where we will discuss what we do and what works for us. We will be giving the listeners 1-3 tasks to be doing on their blogs to improve!
Crystal and I have done tons of trial and error in our years of blogging (close to 6 for me) and continue to perform tests on our traffic on a regular basis. So, take about 25 minutes out of your schedule this coming Tuesday (10 am Central) and join us as we discuss growing our Twitter accounts and using them to send us traffic!
This is a thank you post to those that send me more traffic each month than any other sites!
So, without further ado…
Thanks a million to my TOP Five blog referrals!
I received referral visits from 217 (up from 167) sources during last month!
1. Gooseberry Patch blog sent me 636 visits – I link up to a couple linkies over there.
2. Crystal and Company sent me 175 – again, this is because of her weekly linky and guest posting
3. Romantic Home sent me 140 – This is yet another linky that I link to each week!
5. Designs by Gollum sent me 105 – Yet another linky!
I link a couple posts from each of my sites to around a dozen linkies a day! Not only do I get traffic from those, but people that look for and read linkies also like to pin! So, it increases traffic both ways.
I also want to note that:
- Pinterest sent me 17,215 – this is WAY up from last month (4,935) because my Crock Pot Buffalo Chicken Dip recipe went almost viral over there! I linked that recipe up to almost every recipe linky I could find last month and people found and pinned it! It worked! This month, I plan to concentrate on another really great recipe to see if I can continue increasing my traffic.
- Twitter sent me 9 visits – nine! LOL! I do not promote this site enough over there. I guess I should make that a new goal, huh? But, it is up from last month’s 6! Tee hee!
- FaceBook sent me 150 – this is WAY up from last month’s 32. I have been spending a bit more time on it and hope to see it continuously go up
- Stumble Upon 12 visits – this is down from last month’s 18 but as I said at the main site, but I am working on it
- Google sent me 111 - this one is also down from last month, 116 – but that is because my SEO plugin has been on the fritz and my site has had some issues. I think I have that resolved and hope to see this begin to pick up next month.
Want to find out where others are getting their hits to website?
- Crystal and Company shares how she is getting traffic each month, too!
- Southern Mom Cooks talks about how she is getting more traffic to that site so quickly!
- Deals_3BD talks about where her website visitors are coming from
- You can also go here for past hits to website traffic referrals on this site all list their top traffic referrals for the previous month!
If you want to play along, please leave a direct link to your top five referrals post in the comments section.
Here’s how it works:
- Go into your tracking service (I use Google Analytics) and set the time period for the previous 30 days.
- Find the sites that have referred readers to you and put them in order from most sends to lowest. (I only do blogs and small businesses, not big sites!)
- Write a post (like this one) listing your top 5 referrers.