The Unofficial Narnia Cookbook brings the enchanting and glorious world of Narnia straight to your kitchen, with over 150 easy-to-make breakfast, lunch, dinner, and dessert recipes, including:
· Beautiful Breakfasts- Share a breakfast for the Man-stomach of Centaurs, with stick-to-your-ribs porridge, crispy bacon, tender omelet with sautéed vegetable filling, baked york ham, and toast with sweet orange marmalade.
· Magical Lunches- Have lunch straight from the Magician’s kitchen, with cold lamb, vegetable-cheese omelet, oniony garlicky pea’s porridge, strawberry ice, lemon squash, and hot chocolate.
· Delectable Dinners- Enjoy Christmas Dinner from Father Christmas, complete with roasted goose with fall fruit stuffing, cranberry sauce, mashed potatoes with onion gravy, and plum pudding.
· Delightful Desserts- Have tea with Tumnus and enjoy buttered toast with honey or sugar-dusted sponge tea cakes.
From making your own toffee fruit to creating a fabulous feast of plum pudding and Christmas biscuits from Father Christmas, this cookbook gives children the opportunity to explore their imaginations and bring deliciously magical meals from Narnia to life in the comfort of home, without worrying about the White Witch!
Available at Sourcebooks for only $19.99
About the Authors
DINAH BUCHOLZ is the author of the wildly popular The Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook published by Adams Media. She started out with a degree in English, went on to teach the subject, and followed that up with an editing job at a magazine publisher in Manhattan. She lives in Philadelphia with her husband and four kids. She has never been to Narnia but plans to visit as soon as she finds the right wardrobe.
One lucky 3 Boys and a Dog reader will win their own copy of The Unofficial Narnia Cookbook!
REQUIRED COMMENT: Visit Sourcebooks, look around, then come back and tell me something you liked or learned!
BONUS #1: Follow @Sourcebooks and @momof3boys3702 on Twitter and RT this contest. The easiest way to retweet is to simply click the green ReTweet on the top right of this post. YOU MAY TWEET ONCE DAILY
Other bonus entries:
- #1. Spread the word about this review by: email, forums, blogging, Digg, or putting the link in a meme. (one entry per thing done)
- #2. Sign up for my NEW Weekly Newsletter.
- #3. Subscribe to my RSS feed.
- #4. Put my button on your blog.
- #5. Leave a comment on any other post (excluding giveaways!) Be sure to leave a comment here saying which post.
- #6 – Vote for me at Picket Fence by clicking the button on my sidebar. Be sure to leave a comment saying you did! YOU MAY VOTE ONCE DAILY!
CONTEST ENDS: at Midnight CST on Dec. 14th
OPEN TO: USA and Canada
*DISCLAIMER: I was sent items by Sourcebooks to help facilitate my review. Any opinions stated are strictly my own.*