Excerpted from Taste of Home: Best Loved Recipes: 1485 Favorites from the World’s #1 Food & Entertaining Magazine
By Taste of Home
My annual Halloween bash wouldn’t be the same without the now famous Mummy Man. When kids first see Mummy Man, they wonder if he’s edible. I assure them, and we hack off a foot or an arm with some crackers.
– Rebecca Eremich, Barberton, Ohio
- 2 port wine cheese logs (12 ounces each)
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon 2% milk
- 2 whole peppercorns
- 1 pimiento strip
- Cut the cheese logs into pieces for mummy's head, body, arms and legs; arrange on a serving plate.
- In small bowl, beat cream cheese and milk. Cut a small hole in the corner of a pastry or plastic bag; insert basket weave tip #47. Pipe rows across the mummy, creating bandages. Add peppercorns for eyes and pimiento strip for mouth. Chill until serving.
About Taste of Home
Taste of Home is America’s connection to the personal recipes of people who cook at home as a way to bring family and friends together, particularly at the holidays. Each year, thousands of people from across the United States and Canada submit more than 40,000 recipes, of which 3,000 are published. Every recipe that is published is carefully evaluated and selected by the Taste of Home Test Kitchen, which ensures that it can be prepared with affordable, everyday ingredients. Taste of Home content is available in print; online at Tasteofhome.com; in books; via digital download on iPad, mobile apps and Kindle; and Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest. Obtain a subscription www.TasteofHome.com or on your favorite digital download device.