This is not JUST a dog friendly location, this is like a Doggie Spa for Pups!
We LOVED being pampered with the Distinguished Doggie Package at the Langham Pasadena! Seriously, we were so mellow with the 800 thread count sheets and on the big fluffy bed that we forgot to take much in the way of pictures!
Distinguished Doggie Package includes:
• Overnight stay for you and your pooch
• One Beverly Hills Chihuahua 3: Viva La Fiesta! plush toy
• Use of Langham pink porcelain pet bowl, gold mat and a plush pink bed pillow
• Bag of gourmet doggie treats
• The Langham Doggie Newsletter
• “Bow Wow Breakfast” with your dog – enjoy selections from our in-room dining menu and our gourmet doggie menu in your room, valued up to $80
Package price starts at $435/night
Included in our room was a Doggie newsletter that described the Beverly Hills Chihuahua Movie and the fact that the entire thing was filmed at The Langham! It also included the Doggie Spa Services and dog friendly places and dog friendly restaurants near the Hotel. Smart!
From the fully stocked wet bar (with extremely reasonable prices), to full room service, to the amazing Gift Shop (seriously, no matter what we asked for they had it!), to not one but TWO in-house restaurants the Langham is the perfect home away from home!
From the moment I stepped out of the hired town car to the moment I stepped back in it, I was treated like famous royalty! Before I could grab my bag, the door was open on the car and a fresh-faced young man was, “Welcome to the Langham are you checking in?” They immediately took my bags and whisked me away to the front desk where I was once again met with smiles and friendliness.
The entire staff seemed to be “dog friendly” meaning no matter where Annie and I went, staff that was around would ask about her, ask me if they could pet her, and then seemed well trained in interacting with her from “palm down” to “eye level”!
I have been to some pretty nice hotels in my day and universally, I find that people in the “cheaper” hotels are typically more friendly. With The Langham, that is not so! Everyone was smiles through my entire stay. I am already saving up my pennies so I can go back… there are other Langham Hotels around the world and I am super curious to test them all out, now. LOL!
Silly me, but I loved picking up the phone in my room to call front desk, room service, or the Operator and being greeted with, “Good Morning (or afternoon or evening) Ms. Miller! Thanks for calling Room Service (for example) would you like to order some breakfast for you and Little Orphan Annie this morning?” Yeah, seriously! Can you say, “I felt like a QUEEN!”?
The view from my room was AMAZING…. I took pictures but through the soundproof windows, they didn’t turn out too well.
I am pretty picky about what I eat and I have to say, I was pretty amazed by The Terrace pool bar and restaurant. I didn’t see anything on the menu that tickled my fancy (the 2nd night… note I had already eaten from here TWICE in my stay and wanted something different LOL!) so I asked if they could make me a chicken with cheese and bacon. Boy did they!
The only sore spots:
1. The restaurants within the hotel are not dog friendly, but room service is SUPER quick and on the ball.
2. The housekeeping staff that I dealt with didn’t speak English. Obviously, if you have your “Woof” sign posted on your door knob, they don’t clean your room. So, when I needed a new Coke in my mini-bar, I tried with 2 different Maids and could not get that fact across. So, I leashed Annie and took her for a walk. When I returned, one of the ladies was in my room.
3. Trash cans! There should be more trash cans in the grassy areas to dispose of the doggie presents. I didn’t like having to carry around my scented, pink baggie (provided by The Langham! Cute, right?) to find a trash can. One of the people with me gave her baggie to the Concierge. LOL!
Although the entire event was paid for by Disney for the Beverly Hills Chihuahua 3 Screening, all opinions expressed are completely my own. The images, not so much.