You’ve probably had pan fried potatoes before, but did you know carrots and other root vegetables can be a great addition too.
If you have leftover potatoes and carrots or any other root vegetable from yesterday’s dinner, you’re ready to go.
Very few things beat the flavor combination of potatoes and carrots. They just go together, like peanut butter and jelly. Whether you’re slow-cooking them with a roast, or pan frying them with some chunks of chicken, they’re sure to be a crowd-pleaser.
A true comfort food, these pan fried potatoes and carrots, would make the perfect addition to any meal.
- • Leftover cooked potatoes
- • Leftover cooked carrots or other root vegetable
- • 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- • Salt and pepper or other seasoning to taste
- Slice the potatoes and carrots rather thinly, but not so thin that your veggies fall apart.
- Heat the oil over medium high heat. Add the potatoes and carrots and fry, stirring occasionally until desired crispiness. For a crisp on the outside result, fry for about 20-30 minutes.
- After they’re cooked, place them on a paper towel to remove any excess oil. Sprinkle seasoning salt, pepper or any of your favorite seasonings.
You’ll have a delicious side dish in about 30 minutes.