From Minnie: This stuff is so good and so satisfying! I could eat it almost every day! It is just yummy alongside a grilled chicken breast with a couple other veggie sides for dinner—but I often eat it by itself for my lunch, when everyone else is off at work or school. I buy the 16 ounce bags of chopped kale, when it is in season…so it is super simple to just pull out what I need and throw it into a pan with some oil. While it is cooking, I chop up an apple and get out the Newman’s Own. Throw those in the pan with the kale…get out a bowl…and fix myself something to drink. By then, it’s time to serve it all up and sit down to eat. So yummy! So easy! So healthy!
This recipe makes two servings…but it is easy to either double or halve the recipe. So simple either way! I usually make the two servings and just stick half in the fridge for the next day’s lunch. Super easy to just heat it back up in the microwave! And since the entire recipe has only about 220 calories for the entire pan full, if I’m extra hungry, I can eat both servings myself and not even feel the slightest bit guilty!
- ½ teaspoon sesame oil
- 5 cups chopped kale
- 1 apple, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Newman’s Own Low Fat Sesame Ginger Sauce
- Salt, black pepper, Bacon Salt to taste
- Heat sesame oil in large skillet until hot. The kale will cook down a lot, but needs a large space to begin.
- Add chopped kale into pan and cook and stir until wilted and slightly tender.
- Add chopped apple and continue to stir for 2 minutes.
- Pour in Sesame Ginger Sauce and stir to coat well. Add seasonings to taste.