With the NFL Super Bowl less than 3 days away, all the sports fanatics out there are gearing up! There are Super Bowl recipe linkies and Pinterest boards out there in the blog world. I have had a really good time finding all the fun Super Bowl recipes.
Personally, we like Hot Wings and it is really fun to find new recipes so they don’t all taste the same.
Did you miss yesterday’s Creamy Buffalo Wings recipe? Go ahead, click the title and be transported!
Quick bit of info about Chef Floyd (FUN!) and then you will see the printable recipe. (YUM!)
Top Chef Masters winner Floyd Cardoz is the Executive Chef of North End Grill, the latest restaurant from Danny Meyer’s Union Square Hospitality Group, opening at the end January 2012. Floyd was formerly the Executive Chef of Tabla, the pioneering New Indian restaurant overlooking NYC’s Madison Square Park.
On to the yumminess!
- 1 avocado, peeled and pit removed
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- 3 tablespoon Tabasco brand chipotle pepper sauce
- Juice of large fresh-squeezed lime
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons water
- ½ garlic clove, grated
- Vegetable oil or canola oil
- 2 dozen chicken wings
- ¼ cup Wondra flour or rice flour
- Combine avocado, cilantro, Tabasco chipotle sauce, lime juice, cumin, salt, water and garlic in a food processor and process until smooth.
- Preheat vegetable oil in fryer to 350º F.
- Remove and discard wing tips from wings. Separate each wing into two pieces at the joint; trim excess fat and skin. Toss chicken wings in a bowl with flour. Fry wings for 10 minutes or until golden and crispy. Remove from fryer; drain and transfer to a bowl. Toss wings with desired amount of Avocado Chipotle sauce.
- Makes 24 chicken wings.