*Frank Sinatra recorded several versions which have appeared on many of his albums. Also, many artists have performed the song as a tribute to Sinatra in posthumous tribute albums. In addition, the song had been recorded by many other artists prior to Sinatra’s death. The lyrics, which praise the city of Chicago for its people and institutions, repeat the phrase My Kind of Town several times, usually in a line that says “My kind of town, Chicago is”
That’s right, I am headed back to the The Windy City and I am super excited! The last time I went to Chicago was for the International Home and Housewares Show, this time I am going to Kraft Kitchens! Not only will I get to meet some of the other Delicious Byte Bloggers, but they have some pretty interesting things planned during our 24-hour stay in Chicago:
- Hot Topic Informational Sessions (hmm, sounds important)
- Hands-on Cooking Demonstrations (OMG, I am a bit nervous about cooking in front of other people! Besides, can I do it without kids and a dog underfoot? Guess we will find out very soon.)
- Sneak Peek at New Products (whoo hoo!)
- Roundtable Discussion (they want to hear from me and my readers!)
- and Lunch at Kraft Kitchens! (How cool is this?)
Are you excited, yet? Think of the things I am going to be able to tell you upon my return. Plus, think of the pictures I am hoping to be able to share.
Do you have anything you would like for me to discuss with KraftFoods? Ideas? Opinions? Things you would like to see on my blog? Clue me in and I will add them to my notebook of questions and thoughts. They are putting a lot of time and money into this event and I would love to make it worth it. Plus, I want to write about things that ACTUALLY interest my readers so they (YOU!) read and respond.
So, don’t be surprised to not hear a peep out of me through Monday and Tuesday as I will be slightly busy. I will have my gift guides scheduled as well as a few tweets during my time. I spent some time today figuring out how to Tweet, update FaceBook, and check in with FourSquare through my boring, non-smart phone. I learned that all of it can be done via text message, so you might be seeing some on location stuff from me during that time, but don’t expect responses until I return home or during air travel.
For fun, here is a list of the bloggers that will be in attendance:
- Andrea of Moody Mama Says **
- Barb of Blogfully
- Brandy of Not So Average Mama
- Danielle of Home Ever After
- Elizabeth of Busy Mom
- Elizabeth of Table 4 Five
- Jen of The Mom Reviews **
- Jennifer of The Dirty Shirt
- Jessi of Jabbering Jessi **
- Kelli of 3 Boys and a Dog <– THAT’S ME!
- Kim of Mommy Knows
- Liz of This Full House
- Stephanie of And Twins Make 5!
- Vera of INO Mommy (Lady and the Blog)
I have actually met the three ladies with stars (**) by their names before and can’t wait to meet and get to know the other ladies! Andrea and I met at Blissdom 2010 and I met Jen and Jessie at the International Home and Housewares Show. So, in addition to all the other fun things, I am going to (hopefully) make 10 more friends next week!
I am an exclusive Delicious Byte blogger with Kraft Foods.