When you think of a can of Ro*Tel (or a can of diced tomatoes in chilies) do you think of just a salsa for your nacho chips? Or do you think of all the ways you can use it? Personally, I buy multiple cans at once. When I find them on sale for 2 for a dollar, I stock up.
So, I am continuously trying to find new ways to make it. Obviously, the boys prefer my Rotel Dip with Hamburger, but they also love it Taco soups, over chicken, and more!
For tips on how to use Ro*Tel in your cooking, check out these 15 Spicy Rotel recipes! There are dozens of combinations to trick your kids into eating tomatoes and spice up your menu plan!
Chicken Rotel Recipes
- The Mexican Chicken Casserole is like a Chicken Taco in one dish, super easy, Casserole form!
- Easy Chicken Tortilla Soup is one of those double-duty dinners! Make it once and eat it twice – you know the kind I am talking about! From soup on Day one to Tacos on day 2 – if you had enough Chicken or a small enough family you could actually do this into 3 days! Day one would be a baked chicken, then soup, then tacos! Of course, my family of five probably won’t even make it to day 2. LOL!
- Adding just a tad of spicy chilies and tangy tomatoes totally transforms chicken into a yummy tex-mex style crockpot chicken dinner!
Beef Rotel Recipes
- Turn a pan of soup into an Impossible Taco Pie that is chock full of beef and spicy flavor! What makes it impossible? The fact that it becomes pie! This recipe ends up making its very own crust in the privacy of the oven. My kids think it is so neat!
- Take the Impossible Pie and change a few things to create an Impossibly Skinny Taco Pie that weighs in at approximately 160 calories per serving! According to my middle boy, this pie is “impossibly still yummy even though Minnie took out all the calories”!
- The Rotel Dip with Hamburger Meat is by far one of my family’s favorite Rotel recipes! Plus, this busy mom of 3 really likes the super quick easiness of melting the cheese in the microwave while browning some meat and in some Rotel and ta da.
- I have no idea why this is called Indiana Chowder, but oh man does it sounds yummy
- Although the Four Bean Goulash has a long list of ingredients, they are ingredients that most of us always seem to have in the pantry. So, don’t let the ingredient list intimidate you, I promise this is definitely an easy recipe!
- Crystal and Comp breaks out of her norm and tells us how to make Taco Soup on the Stove! Yes, seriously… gone is the crockpot for this recipe!
- This Mexican-Style Pot Roast looks like a wonderful comfort food dish, especially when your whole family comes over!
- Nony might be a self-professed slob, but she still has to feed her family! A Slob Comes Clean actually shares the secret ingredient to her cheese dip!
Pork Rotel Recipes
- Company coming over for the big game? Did you forget or just get too busy? This 3 Ingredient Rotel Dip takes less time to put together that it will take you to mad-dash the house!
- Beans, Rice, a bit of meat and a can of Rotel – it really doesn’t get any cheaper than this filling Beans & Rice Budget Friendly Meal
Meatless Rotel Recipes
- The Velveeta & Rotel with a KICK! secretly sticks in beans and veggies! The kids will be so busy gobbling up the spice they won’t even realize they are getting vegetables! SHHHH!
- Ro*Tel famous Queso dip– you can’t go wrong with a recipe straight from the Ro*Tel folks themselves!
Rotel Recipes Resources:
Use these resources to prepare your Ro*Tel recipes in no time!
- Rotel, Original Tomato and Green Chiles, 10-ounce can (Pack of 4)
- Queso Dip Bundle: Velveeta Cheese Loaf, 2 cans Rotel Tomatoes, & 2 Salsa Dip Bowls
- Ro-Tel Diced Tomatoes, Mexican with Lime Juice & Cilantro, 10-ounce can (Pack of 3)
**By the way – this post is not sponsored by anyone, I just seriously love the sweet and spicy combination of diced tomatoes and chili peppers and the single can makes it so much easier for this busy mom of 3 Boys!
Do you have a favorite recipe that includes Rotel (or your own favorite tomatoes & chilies brand?